.htaccess redirect an IP

kYd

I'm certainly no .htaccess guru, but I don't think it is capable of redirecting users based on their IP, although it can block users based on IP. I believe you may have to whip up a small php/cgi/etc script to do it.

EDIT: Well I guess you could just block them and use custom error pages...

If the server you are using has PHP installed you can use the following codeto do URL redirects:

<?php

Header("Location: <URL gose here>");

?>

This will work even if the user has JavaScript disabled on they'er browser as it is part of the HTML 4.01 standered.

What do you mean with an IP address? You could do some thing like this for example:

<?php

Header("Location: http://207.46.198.30/");

?>

With that code when ever some one visited the page you put that code on (even if they have JavaScript disabled as I have alredy explained) they will be redirected to Microsofts website.

Cheers Sparda, how would I go about using that with an IP address.

If that don't work I guess Dr Zaius method should work.

Thanks

Like Dr Zaius said, there is no way to redirect a certain IP with .htaccess, but what he suggested would work. And heres a solution in PHP to send certain IP addresses to a page. You can put this at the very top of any of your pages, say your index.php (if your host supports php of course) and if someone has the IP you specified they'll be redirected to the other page, but everyone else will see the normal page.

<?php

$address = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS["REMOTE_ADDR"]; 

if ($address == "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx") {

header("Location: goatse.html");

}

?>

Cheers Sparda, how would I go about using that with an IP address.

If that don't work I guess Dr Zaius method should work.

Thanks

Like Dr Zaius said, there is no way to redirect a certain IP with .htaccess, but what he suggested would work. And heres a solution in PHP to send certain IP addresses to a page. You can put this at the very top of any of your pages, say your index.php (if your host supports php of course) and if someone has the IP you specified they'll be redirected to the other page, but everyone else will see the normal page.

<?php

$address = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS["REMOTE_ADDR"]; 

if ($address == "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx") {

header("Location: goatse.html");

}

?>

Thanks that worked!

Let the evil rampage begin :twisted: