Differences - Pineapple vs Interceptor

Bohh

Hey all,

Excuse the novice question. What is the difference between a pineapple and an interceptor. My understanding of a pineapple is that you connect it to your machine and other computers connect to the internet through you. You can capture the packets and inject from it, right?

What's the interceptor doing differently.

They both use the Fon, right? I've got one I had from a few years ago untouched its a 2100 and I'm looking to use it.

I see the videos for the Pinapple, which episodes show the interceptor?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just wondering...

Interceptor page says:

"the victim PC doesn’t know the Interceptor is there and you’re ready to connect and eavesdrop from a safe and convenient distance via WiFi."

Isn't it really simple to protect yourself from Interceptor? Example on procurve switched it's possible to get port disabled and alert when device mac-address changes? So if network is properly done this will not work on it?

Or will Interceptor hide it's mac-address some how?

So when network is protected and mac-address changes victim will notice that he's computer is not in the network anymore?

More about that example here (PDF): https://encrypted.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CCAQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fftp.hp.com%2Fpub%2Fnetworking%2Fsoftware%2FSecurity-Oct2005-59906024-Chap09-Port_Security.pdf

Edited by Whig