HTML Frames & PHP Sessions

msp301

I'm writing a website which contains a customer login script in PHP using sessions to store the user's login information for their stay on the site. I have tested my code and I have found that my logout function does not work due to me using a HTML frameset to layout the page which causes the session to be reset if the website is refreshed ... is there any way to fix this without me having to remove the frameset and redesign the site

Honestly, I would recommend you redesign the site to not use framesets, not only will you most likely solve the issue you have, but you will learn some great and necessary skills for creating a CSS layout.

a great article explaining why ou should NOT use framesets:

http://developers.evrsoft.com/articles/why...se_frames.shtml

Also, if you search around the internet, you can find pre-defined CSS layout templates that are cross-browser compatible and will help the transition.

OK, kinda means I don't have much choice :( ... but there we go, so far I've only messed about with simple CSS scripts, but all good fun learning something new :P

Thanks for the feedback :)

np!

Two great resources for CSS development are www.alistapart.com and www.css-tricks.com

Also, when you are making the site, first develop it for Firefox and/or webkit/safari/firefox, THEN make it compatible with IE7 and Opera. This way, you will make a standards-compliant site that will handle future versions of IE.

Some tools that will help you along the way:

-Firebug and Web Developer Toolbar (FF extensions)

-DebugBar (IE Extension)

-IETester (have multiple versions of IE installed)

-Stylizer (live CSS editing for IE)

• 4 weeks later...

I am struggling with some plain character for XML use. I need to convert all the plain character in the their HTML format/code somehow. For example, the & character need to be converted to &.

Suggestions?

I am struggling with some plain character for XML use. I need to convert all the plain character in the their HTML format/code somehow. For example, the & character need to be converted to &.

Suggestions?

Are you saying that your trying to write a program that converts these characters from their standard text character to their HTML code alternative ?? ... and if so, what language will you be choosing to do so ?? ... ... otherwise I would recommend the only way to go about converting those characters is to go through your script and replace all these characters with their code alternative (using your text editors find and replace functions will make that easier) lol ... does that help ??

HTML Special Character Code Sheet

Suggestions

I think there is a function in php to convert specific items to html entities on the fly. HTML enitity encode and decode, just pass it the string, then once converted, pass it to your xml.