Boxee

Bai Shen

Anybody else got Boxee up and running? I tried installing it on an old Dell I had sitting around. I got Ubuntu 9.04 running fine, and then installed Boxee. Everything seemed to install fine.

The problem is that when I run Boxee, it pops up with a black screen and then goes back to the desktop with a seg fault. Anybody else seen this? My hardware supports OpenGL, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

dude, i am not going to lie... I have done it on linux 1000 times and never got it working properly... course never really got it running that great in windows either.... it's still good stuff tho.

Well, I found a portable version, and was able to at least get it to run on my netbook. However, I haven't gotten any feedback on the boxee forums. :(

I think I'll probably toss another hard drive in my myth box and try it with that set of hardware. We'll see how that works out.

i've had really good luck, been runnig boxee since the closed alpha and had few problems with it crashing (currently on ubuntu 9.04), didn't even do anything fancy to set it up, its worth install just for the pandora and hulu apps

sudo apt-get install boxee

all i did, well after adding the repo...

i've had really good luck, been runnig boxee since the closed alpha and had few problems with it crashing (currently on ubuntu 9.04), didn't even do anything fancy to set it up, its worth install just for the pandora and hulu apps

sudo apt-get install boxee

all i did, well after adding the repo...

Yeah, I did that and it seemed to install fine. But as soon as I start it, I get a seg fault. :(