Encrypted Post Data for XML requests

It depends what your sending the request to?

If your after the info for soap and/or rpc then there's tons of sites that have the info. If your on about a rest or other similar http style request to an XML web service then it's dependent on the web service.

In most cases if you type something like http://www.webservice.com/myservice?wsdl your likley to get the service description document.

Do any of you know how the post data sent for the song list requests is generated and would you be so kind as to explain it to me? I think that the first part is account specific, the next part is station specific, and the rest of it I don't have the slightest clue what it is.

Haven't the faintest. (rather, i've not looked into it specifically as it didn't seem to have anything of interest in it) What exactly are you trying to do with it?

You could try decompiling the flash applet, but i hear it is obfuscated.

Well basically I was going to make a little client for Pandora. Running Pandora in Firefox takes up a good deal of ram when one only has a GB of it. It'd be easy enough to do all of the http posts and gets that the flash Pandora player does aside from my not knowing exactly what the post data I'd need to send is.

Really you could do whatever you want this way. Skip as many songs as you want per hour, rip specific songs without having to wait while other songs play, and so on. You wouldn't have any of the limitations of the flash client. Might even be able to get around the block for non US IP addresses if the flash client is all that is stopping them.

I'll probably try decompiling the flash eventually when I'm feeling more ambitious. Figured I'd check here just in case someone else had already figured it out.

Well basically I was going to make a little client for Pandora. Running Pandora in Firefox takes up a good deal of ram when one only has a GB of it. It'd be easy enough to do all of the http posts and gets that the flash Pandora player does aside from my not knowing exactly what the post data I'd need to send is.

Really you could do whatever you want this way. Skip as many songs as you want per hour, rip specific songs without having to wait while other songs play, and so on. You wouldn't have any of the limitations of the flash client. Might even be able to get around the block for non US IP addresses if the flash client is all that is stopping them.

I'll probably try decompiling the flash eventually when I'm feeling more ambitious. Figured I'd check here just in case someone else had already figured it out.

It's when the client auths to Pandora that the IP check is run - and the server fails the client, not the client stops it. a new client wouldn't help for that. You'd also have to deal with the SSL connection it uses to login and authenticate. You could rip specific songs; if that specific song is within the playlist chunk the server gives you (4 songs), but otherwise not (and btw running PS in turbo mode does more or less the same thing).

TBH, what you are saying while it is possible it would be an incredible amount of work that could easily be obsoleted by the next internal version of pandora (ie. they release a new flash client app with a new protocol like the sidebar widget for vista uses)