FEAR 2 - project origin

markhimself

10x better than fear. people say that its not as good as deadspace, but i think its better. its not like the demo its much better than the demo.

its frikkin psyco, its mad. random things happen and its proper weird. i think its the best game released lately.

what do you guys think?

I was rather disappointed personally. But just because the game successfully utilizes some of my pet peeves in games. The HUD, for instance, pisses me off. The gaming is more Arcade-ish for me, the weapons were too skinny, the graphics were not as good, and the gameplay was more run-n-gun than tactics. That's just my opinion however, I only played the demo, because I didn't particularly want to purchase the game if it were anything like that.

The original played on suspense in the form of expectation. You would come around a corner and see/hear something that made you piss yourself, but to me it seems like they focused more in mass.

Turn EVERY corner and you see/hear something, it's annoying to me, I preferred the occasional scare, not the bulk scare.

Not to mention the shooting experience, I also enjoy games like GoW, being able to run up to a guy and blow his body to pieces with a shotgun blast to the face is stupid, you should have died by the time you got there.

But meh, I digress. For me, the demo didn't make the cut.

• 2 weeks later...
The original played on suspense in the form of expectation. You would come around a corner and see/hear something that made you piss yourself, but to me it seems like they focused more in mass.

Turn EVERY corner and you see/hear something, it's annoying to me, I preferred the occasional scare, not the bulk scare.

Bit off topic - but those are my exact thoughts on Resident Evil 5, the predecessors of it all put fear into the player by making them wonder if they were going to run into a situation, were as with the new one it seems everywhere you go there are hordes of zombies coming straight for you.

In my opinion it really takes away the fear factor when there is action all the time in a game (or movie for that matter), leave something to the imagination and it guarantees the need for spare underwear!

I was playing FEAR 2, then the Scout update came out...

• 4 months later...

I loved it. I had bought the first series Fear Platinum Pack about a year before F.E.A.R. 2 came out and I didn't know what to expect as it was my first PC game.

After playing FEAR 2 for a few hours though i have to admit I too loved it. I also enjoyed the ending which left room and a possible(?) hint about FEAR 3's storyline ;).

Now I'm working on Left 4 Dead (love it) and Crysis Maximum Edition (like it).

• 5 weeks later...

I liked it but then i loved the original one of the few games that actually has atmosphere, i will almost certainly be getting it, FEAR is one of the few games i have actually completed. Online mulitplayer was utter shite though, bit like COD4 in that respect.

SPAM REMOVED