Media Screwed it up

gcninja

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be allowed at VGAs? (Developers are a given)

• Stars only
    • Public only
    • Both stars and public
    • Only those who can get 100% on a quiz

Now, I'm not talking about all the shootings and violence the media blames on video games, god no, we already talk about that enough. No, this is about the way video games have become so big, everybody wants a piece. I've seen many video game award shows in my time, but none have wanted to make me cry like the Spike VGA one. I saw ten minutes and shut it off to write this. Now we all know how crappy G4 is, but even X-play did a decent VGA award, DECENT. They've done better in there past, the one thing they didn't have was rappers. The spike one has Jack Black, who can't act worth crap play out a crappy scene with the old guy from King of Queens, and then have him dance around on stage.

Next they had two stars from the new street fighter movie announce the best RPG game. COME ON, if your going two have two people from a FIGHTING movie do it, have a fighting game. At least they had a decent selection of games in the category. Finally the thing that made me shut off the T.V. was who they brought up next and what he did. I can't remember who it was but the first thing they did was ANNOUNCE THEIR NEW CD. I just turned it off then. But not before seeing all the stars in the crowd and developer. Now I understand the developers, its THEIR game, not the stars, when did it go from the public who pours their money into games to the stars who are probably GIVEN the games just to look good. OOHHH you played twenty minutes of the wii, your so good. YA WELL I BEAT CALL OF DUTY 4 ON VETERAN.

The one good video game show I see now-a-days is only on for about 3months and that the video game MLG on direct tv (channel 101, lol). Otherwise it's crap-tacular and pisses me off.

Sorry, just had to vent and tell some people. Whats your views though?

PS. Yes, I understand SOME stars play video games, but a majority don't and act like they do just to get ten seconds of camera time at the show.

GAH :angry:

When true gamers don't respect G4 (except X Play) it's easy to see how Spike in it's "High School Football Player Mind" can think that Jack Black crap jokes and showing off a few celebs qualifies as something that should be named VGAs.

Until they realize that their "hobby" or "entertainment" is under attack from the very people that see them as juvenile retards they won't be the ambassadors that the VGAs and the industry so dearly need.

The vast majority of games produced to day are Mature titles. It's a shame that Spike can't at least make it up to teen. I've seen seven year olds with more class.

What I dont get is why people can't go, "hey youre a gamer? well come on to this show and watch your favorite games and developers win awards!" No, now its, hey i saw you in that movie, give me a million dollars and ill give you a minutes on a tv announcing something youll never play or touch

Guest PacGamer
What I dont get is why people can't go, "hey youre a gamer? well come on to this show and watch your favorite games and developers win awards!" No, now its, hey i saw you in that movie, give me a million dollars and ill give you a minutes on a tv announcing something youll never play or touch

That goes sort of along the lines of E3 when they closed it off to the public. Showing these games you can see, but not get your hands on.

I say just keep it open to the public if the true gamers want to show up, then let them show up. Any Celebrity gamers who want to show up, let them come.