ASUS NETBOOK EEE PC

jacobt777

I was looking on Newegg.com and thinking about purchasing one of the Asus EEE PC netbook with the intention of getting a model that has the atheros chipset or another chipset that is compatable with the aircrack-ng suite and can support packet injection. I have noticed that Darren and Matt both use this device, but I am unsure of what exact model they are using, or do all of the Asus EEE PC's use the atheros chipset. If anyone can point me in the right direction in making this purchase it would be greatly appreciated.

Jacob B.

I was looking on Newegg.com and thinking about purchasing one of the Asus EEE PC netbook with the intention of getting a model that has the atheros chipset or another chipset that is compatable with the aircrack-ng suite and can support packet injection. I have noticed that Darren and Matt both use this device, but I am unsure of what exact model they are using, or do all of the Asus EEE PC's use the atheros chipset. If anyone can point me in the right direction in making this purchase it would be greatly appreciated.

Jacob B.

Darren is actually using an Aspire One from Acer, not the EEE PC from Asus and I've only seen Matt using a macbook *Apple ftw* but the eee pcs are great too I have a 1000h and love it.

Darren is actually using an Aspire One from Acer, not the EEE PC from Asus and I've only seen Matt using a macbook *Apple ftw* but the eee pcs are great too I have a 1000h and love it.

Wrong. :unsure:

Darren owns a EEEPC. Think he has the 701.

But he doesn't use it as much nowadays, mainly because he bought the

Aspire One. As you said.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I own a 701 which is a brilliant machine, with Atheros chipset. Supported out-of-the-box

in BT3. :)

/gEEEk

I'm a 901 owner and although the stock wifi card doesn't support any "wifi fun" if you know what I mean, I just got myself an alfa 500mW usb adapter and its set to go. Remote exploit forums have a good tutorial on BT3 working on the 901 too. Love the little thing :)

I'm a 901 owner and although the stock wifi card doesn't support any "wifi fun" if you know what I mean, I just got myself an alfa 500mW usb adapter and its set to go. Remote exploit forums have a good tutorial on BT3 working on the 901 too. Love the little thing :)

No your right gEEEk he does have an eeepc 701 but I rarely see it on the show.