Jasager Install V2.1 Wiki

You beat me to it! I just finished the same thing, for the same reason, and was thinking about the wiki.

I followed a slightly different order in your step #14:

root@OpenWrt:/# cd /tmp

root@OpenWrt:~# ipkg install haserl_0.8.0-2_mips.ipk

root@OpenWrt:~# ipkg install webif_0.3-10_mips.ipk

root@OpenWrt:~# ipkg install kmod-gpio_2.6.21.5-atheros-1_mips.ipk

root@OpenWrt:~# ipkg install libruby_1.8.6-p36-1_mips.ipk

root@OpenWrt:~# ipkg install ruby_1.8.6-p36-1_mips.ipk

root@OpenWrt:~# ipkg install ruby-core_1.8.6-p36-1_mips.ipk

root@OpenWrt:~# ipkg install ruby-rexml_1.8.6-p36-1_mips.ipk

root@OpenWrt:~# ipkg install jasager-madwifi_1.ipk

root@OpenWrt:~# ipkg install jasager_2.1.ipk

Installing jasager (2) to root...

Configuring jasager

Install finished, testing that it worked ok

SUCCESS! Jasager installation appears OK. Welcome to Jasager!

Also, after installing jasager, it tried to shut down the previous installation (there was none) and then hung on "Starting Jasager". A power-off reboot fixed that, and all is running well now.

Walt

I'm having the same problem after installing from package it says "Starting Jasager". It has been about 5 minutes. I'm giving up and rebooting.

To view the web interface please visit....
Stopping all currently running jasager sessions
killall: tail: no process killed
killall: logwatch: no process killed
Starting Jasager

edit: I'm unable to login to another ssh session to issue a reboot command, the fon seems to have died. pulling the plug

I'm having the same problem after installing from package it says "Starting Jasager". It has been about 5 minutes. I'm giving up and rebooting.

edit: I'm unable to login to another ssh session to issue a reboot command, the fon seems to have died. pulling the plug

Hey Darren. Give it about 15 minutes after you power Der Jasager back on before starting to worry. It really does take a while to restart.

I got worried, had netstumbler running, and was refreshing the available wireless networks in Windows. It does eventually show up though.

Be well

P.S. I've been beating my head against the wall trying to recreate what you all featured on 412. Can't seem to wrap my head around using tftpd32 as a DHCP server. The concept is clear to me, but I know I'm messing up on setting up the topology.

Okay, I managed to sidejack my own gmail account and I'm also sidejacking my Hak5 forum account lol. I was able to do this without using Tftpd32.

I set up my lab exactly as I did in the Jasager wiki.

On the client side, the "mark" (yeah I'm the pedantic noob) is getting an IP address from 192.168.0.1, which is the address of the card I've connected to the Fonera from my laptop. The other card in my laptop is the Internet Connection Shared NIC.

Ok then. This pedantic noob is going to bed now.

Be well.

To view the web interface please visit....
Stopping all currently running jasager sessions
killall: tail: no process killed
killall: logwatch: no process killed
Starting Jasager

I've never had it take so long to build the files, all it should be doing is looking at each of the files in the scripts directory, pulling out the xml and then parsing it. The script it runs is the same as when the fon boots so if it takes ages doing it on install it should also take ages on boot. So, there must be something wrong somewhere in the install. I'll try to flash a fon or clear one down in some way so I can do a fresh install and see what happens.

I couldn't help but notice in the guide you're lacking a step that is on the Jasager web site installation guide (http://www.digininja.org/jasager/installation.php). Because of typo of putting a dash where there should be an underscore kmod_gpio doesn't work correctly. Shouldn't we add

echo proc_gpio > /etc/modules.d/80-gpio

to the guide for 2.1 then?

should have posted sooner but after 10 minutes i pulled the plug and rebooted the fon. it came back up within minutes and all is working well. 2.1 feels good so far!

Same here, except that i left it for about 30-35 minutes, pulled the plug and after it came back all was working well.

In my case it was not an upgrade, i had a working install ot Jasager 1 before that, did a fresh reflash from step 11 from the Wiki, then followed the guide from http://wiki.hak5.org/wiki/Fon_Jasager_Install_v2_1 , then it hung at "Starting Jasager" exactly as Darren's post. The Fon was responding to pings, scanned it with nmap and the ports (80,22 etc) were all open, tried to ssh in but the connection hung, fired up Wireshark, tried ssh again, the tcp connection was established successfully but there was no data comming from the fon, same with the web interface, the tcp connection succeeded but the web server didn't send even a single byte of data. After i unplugged it and booted it again all was working fine.

Just to add that jasager isn't listed as installed package:

root@FON:~# ipkg list_installed | grep -i jasager
root@FON:~# 

And the WLAN LED doesn't work, probably caused by the typo that siriusfox mentioned, because after insmod-ing proc_gpio manually it works as expected.

If the install script doesn't finish then it probably doesn't get registered in the installed package list. By killing power you stopped it from finishing. I'll look.

Read my install notes on how to fix the module problem.