LAN Party Interest in IL?

houseofbugs

Yeah, it's not hard to figure out since I'm on the midwestlanparty boards with the same name.

Just a fair warning guys, be careful in your dealings with HOB. I'm not specifically saying don't go, just watch what you do.

I'm not going into a crapload of detail here, but if you want details, check out all the numerous threads on www.midwestlanparty.com

Look up anything by his same username, or referencing HOBNW.

Yeah, it's not hard to figure out since I'm on the midwestlanparty boards with the same name.

Just a fair warning guys, be careful in your dealings with HOB. I'm not specifically saying don't go, just watch what you do.

I'm not going into a crapload of detail here, but if you want details, check out all the numerous threads on www.midwestlanparty.com

Look up anything by his same username, or referencing HOBNW.

Dude seriously let well enough alone. You are now just starting shit when there did not need to be. Just STFU and don't go to an event if you don't want to. I am not for this drama any longer. Please move on or just leave.

There was a discussion on this on the MWLP site. Unfortunately due to work, it was locked before I could participate. However, The discussion did continue in PM with a few people.

Basically put, he is CAPABLE of holding a decent LAN. The problem arises with the trouble he was starting witht he people he was involved with, and some of the actions he has taken.

That being said, if you choose to go to a HOBNW LAN or anything hosted by bugs, just be warry. If he really has done as he said a few days ago on that thread, and re-evaluated himself and his position, the possibilty of a good time is there. If he can do that, and prove himself, good for him. I'll even give it another shot.

Bugs, I was going to throw this out on the other forum, but it got locked prior to me having time. I know you are reading this, and I believe you have taken some advice given by a couple of the other members on a "fresh start". I'm fine with that. Just remember that the people here have been my friends for a much longer time period than MWLP. I've been following the show and a part of the community since season 1. Don't let the post count and join date fool you, my original account got eaten up during an upgrade. If you choose to host LAN's again, take the advice given to you by the rest of the LAN community. Be good to the people here, and they will return the favor.

As was said on MWLP, you have a chance to redeem yourself. You can't escape the past, but you can learn from it and grow. It will follow you until you prove to others that you have actually learned from the mistakes made, and become a better person for it.