Unable To Use Key Auth With Ssh And Autossh
Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:53 PM
What I am doing in more detail:
1. With dropbear for creating the ssh keys
1. create dropbear key
a. dropbearkey -t rsa -f id_rsa
b. copy printed public key to a remote machines authorized_key file
2. ssh -i id_rsa will@<ip-of-server>
a. just asks for the password auth
2. Using openssh on a separate machine to create the key pair
1. create the key
a. ssh-keygen then specify a local location for the files
b. scp the files to the pineapple
c. place id_rsa in /root/.ssh/id_rsa
d. copy id_rsa.pub into remote aut_keys file and replace hostname
2. ssh -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa will@<ip-of-server>
a. command returns: "ssh: Exited: String too long"
could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:54 PM
Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:37 PM
- T-Mobile ZTE MF591/ MKIV 1.0.2/ XP;btr2
- ssh on boot
- ssh autoconnect
- Cron Jobs
- 3G bootup
- 3G redial
- SSH: online
- USB 3G Modem: 188.8.131.52
- Public Internet: 184.108.40.206 <----this keeps changing, I think on every refresh? * I'll check on that
I can ssh into pineapple from netbook associated with pineapple ap, then ssh out thru internet using the 4G modem, into my honeypot@home. Just not in the reverse.
in posting this I've decided to attempt disabling the 3G redial. but as I go to log into the pineapple, I can't find it's SSID AGAIN!!!
Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:45 PM
Sounds like you're doing it right - as far as I can tell. Though you'll need to check the config of the remote server to ensure that it supports key authentication. Have you consulted the documentation from the SSH page on the MK4?
I updated my firmware to 1.0.2 and I am able to SSH with keys now. I have no clue what changed but it is fixed now!
Thanks for your help