Windows Log On Bypass For Usb?

WhiteWhale

I'm new to this website, was shown this by a friend when I had asked for help while researching.

Just a brief story, when my laptop got an operating system error a friend came over to repair it for, him being one of the more tech knowledgeable friend's I have. He had showed me something he had done to test his own security on his computers, he plugged a flash drive into my computer and started it up; it bypassed my password log on screen.

And on to my question. What would it take to run something like that? I'm not sure if it was a brute force attack or a dictionary attack or in what manner it was "mounted" or "coded" to autorun upon plugin? I started reading up on a few threads about this and different programs for password cracking (much of what I had learned and taken in college).

anyways, thanks. I'm going back to reading more.

Watch this video, it has what you are after

http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=securit...n-boot-from-usb

I think konboot is something I was looking for, that or I may look into backtrack as well.

Has anyone gotten konboot to work? I started following the instructions in the link's link (above) and not sure if I was to over-write the files or not. Going to try it again and then just not overwrite. Otherwise I am getting an error.

I had started reading on a few comments and it had said that 64bit windows isn't supported yet?

• 3 weeks later...
I think konboot is something I was looking for, that or I may look into backtrack as well.

Has anyone gotten konboot to work? I started following the instructions in the link's link (above) and not sure if I was to over-write the files or not. Going to try it again and then just not overwrite. Otherwise I am getting an error.

I had started reading on a few comments and it had said that 64bit windows isn't supported yet?

64Bit is supported

http://www.piotrbania.com/all/kon-boot/

Works a treat. Used it at work the other day when had no network access so couldn't use my AD admin account and the local admin password was different to what it should be. I just have it on CD, haven't bothered trying to get it on to USB.