Ports and Stuff

trustme

Suprise suprise, my school implemented a monitoring program to look at the screen of the current user  :-P.

I don't want to know how to shut it down (task manager - you can tell we pay for quality stuff at our school), nor do I want to block the port (breaking the rules/stupid) but I do think it would be neat to make a program that can look at the port and pop up a message saying your pc is currently being viewed based on traffic out.  I would like to write the program myself (I'm sure I could find something online if I wanted to), but what would it be best to attempt to write it in?

Note: I'm assuming a couple of things here:

1) The program won't be sending info unless its being accessed, to send info all the time would be stupid.

2) I can look at the port without disrupting the flow of info, I don't want to break the monitoring program.

3) I can continually watch it without using up more than 5-6 megs, part of which would be the images to notify the user.

What language would be best to write it in?  I don't know C++, I could do it in Java I think using sockets, but that'd be awkward.  Am I looking at learning some VB?

EDIT: I meant to post this in Hacks/Mods/Coding, can a mod move it if he feels its appropriate?  If you think I'll get more help, especially with the VB here, by all means, leave it here.

Note: I'm assuming a couple of things here:

1) The program won't be sending info unless its being accessed, to send info all the time would be stupid.

Well, the my school uses actually does its called "Syncron Eyes", the teacher can look at all the desktops at once in a large grid.  Then take control of any of  the computers at will.  But all we had to do was taskkill it, or turn on window's firewall, that was until my friend found a copy of the teacher's edition on a mapped network drive, hehe.

However all of these are different so it really depends on which one they use, do you know the name?