Seeing clients during recon

Hey everyone! I have a qq. I am doing recon in the lab and I have (5) 2.4g and (5) 5g devices. Every time I do a recon scan some of the devices are found and show up in the ap list and other times nothing shows up. These are active laptops and mobile devices that are active. Is there a reason for this strange behavior? I have watch many videos where the Nano is being used and all of the clients are found just about all of the time.

TIA

9 hours ago, sifu128 said:

I am doing recon in the lab and I have (5) 2.4g and (5) 5g devices.

You won't see any 5 GHz devices when using the Mark IV. Haven't seen any info over the years about anyone getting 5 GHz working on that device. What adapter are you using?

9 hours ago, sifu128 said:

I have watch many videos where the Nano is being used and all of the clients are found just about all of the time.

How can you tell from a video that all of the clients are found when there's no way to verify from watching a video how many clients that actually is around the Nano at the point when the video was recorded?

When i watch someone do a live repro and they state that they have x number of clients, walk through step by step and you can see the clients listed attached the AP, that pretty much tells me it is working. I did 4 different scans at different intervals last name and never found the same device twice including an ipad that I was connected to watching a movie to generate traffic. The wifi pineapple only saw that device 1 out of 4 scans. That is grossly inconsistent imho.