My bashbunny has turned bricks. Is there any way to restore it

lllooo

My bashbunny has turned bricks. Is there any way to restore it
1.I have tried armed mode with the green light off and unplugged three times, but the system has not been restored
2.Entering serial port in armed mode did not respond, unable to enter serial mode, port displaying USB device descriptor request failed
3.I switched to another host for the above 1.2 operation, but still did not respond
Is there any way to recover from this situation

30 minutes ago, lllooo said:

I have tried armed mode with the green light off and unplugged three times, but the system has not been restored

Just to avoid any confusion, you should unplug it 4 times in total.

Any information regarding what you did with the Bunny before it entered this state might benefit the troubleshooting.

1.Set the switch to arming mode (closest to the USB port)
2.Plug the Bash Bunny into a USB port and unplug it immediately after the green LED turns off
3.Repeat step #2 three times
4.Plug the Bash Bunny into a USB port and wait approximately 5 minutes for it to reset. The LED will either show an alternating red/blue "police" pattern or blink red.
5.When the firmware recovery has completed, the Bash Bunny will reboot, indicated by the green LED, then go into arming mode, indicated by the blue LED.

There were no operational errors following the official instructions

Afterwards, a blue light - green light - pink light - blue light - followed by a continuous flashing blue light

Fault reason: (apt update&&apt y full upgrade) has been updated once and will no longer be usable

It seems that there is a major problem now, unable to access the serial port, and there is a serial port (due to device issues, Windows has stopped it). Request for USB configuration descriptor failed

And I can't display the disk, I'm not sure if Linux is running properly now

Is there any way to recover it

8 hours ago, lllooo said:

There were no operational errors following the official instructions

OK, judging from your comment, the factory reset is successful then and you get the "police LED" for the set amount of minutes.

Fault reason: (apt update&&apt y full upgrade) has been updated once and will no longer be usable

In what way do you get this? What does it come from? If the Bunny isn't possible to be accessed, there should be no way of getting any error message from it.

apt y full upgrade

A specific comment about this; you shouldn't ever do a Debian upgrade on the Bunny since it possibly will break features of the Bunny. It won't fully break it, but you might run into issues that makes it necessary to factory reset it.

After a brief red light, it kept flashing blue and it was useless to restore the factory. I estimate that the rootft system has been damaged, so it was not restored.

On 11/13/2023 at 9:57 PM, dark_pyrro said:

为避免任何混淆,您总共应拔下 4 次。

有关您在 Bunny 进入此状态之前对它做了什么的任何信息都可能有助于故障排除。

6 minutes ago, dark_pyrro said:

OK, judging from your comment, the factory reset is successful then and you get the "police LED" for the set amount of minutes.

你以什么方式得到这个?它来自什么?如果无法访问 Bunny,则应该无法从中获取任何错误消息。

对此的具体评论;你不应该在 Bunny 上做 Debian 升级,因为它可能会破坏 Bunny 的功能。它不会完全破坏它,但您可能会遇到一些问题,因此需要将其恢复出厂设置。

Yes, I didn't think of it either. Is there any way to recover now that can only be processed through hardware means? Currently, there is no way to recover the serial port in the mode. The serial port should be simulated using a Linux driver, not similar to the hardware used in CH340. Otherwise, it should enter uboot

So, it wasn't actually doing a successful factory reset then (given the LED pattern you describe).

Regarding the factory reset process. Can you confirm that you did unplug the Bunny 4 (four) times when the green LED turns off. Just so that I can be sure you understood the instructions in the documentation correctly. The reason why I'm asking is that Bunny users have misunderstood the instructions before and just unplugged it 3 (three) times in total which is not enough for a factory reset. The below (that you quoted from the documentation) is a total of 4 (four) times, not 3 (three).

2.Plug the Bash Bunny into a USB port and unplug it immediately after the green LED turns off
3.Repeat step #2 three times

14 minutes ago, dark_pyrro said:

So, it wasn't actually doing a successful factory reset then (given the LED pattern you describe).

Regarding the factory reset process. Can you confirm that you did unplug the Bunny 4 (four) times when the green LED turns off. Just so that I can be sure you understood the instructions in the documentation correctly. The reason why I'm asking is that Bunny users have misunderstood the instructions before and just unplugged it 3 (three) times in total which is not enough for a factory reset. The below (that you quoted from the documentation) is a total of 4 (four) times, not 3 (three).

I have tried it three times, four times, five times, and six times, and this recovery mode is definitely not working. It uses bash recovery in/usr/local/bunny/, and there is basically no need to consider it in cases of system, driver, or file loss.

14 minutes ago, dark_pyrro said:

I feel that there is only one way to solve this situation now, which is to connect the motherboard through TTL, abort Uboot to enter the kernel, and decompress rootfs from the firmware in Uboot mode