Shark Jack (cable) not connecting after extended inactivity

H0wl3r

Alright, let's break it down completely.

Machine: Windows 11 with a git bash shell

item: shark jack cable edition

led output in ARMING MODE: I think its yellow, not quite as green as the bootup

shell output (ssh root@172.16.24.1): Connection timed out port 22

connection medium: cable (NOT through the ethernet adapter)

Alright let's tell you the story. i bought the shark jack cable edition probably like a year ago, worked fine out of the box and i was ssh'ing into it and getting my loot no problem. I had then decided to sell my condo and put it into storage for about 6 months. Today I got the shark jack out of the storage unit and fired up my ipad with BLINK terminal (worked just fine previously) and was unable to get a shell on the little guy. same output mentioned above. I ignore this and get to my house where my command center is (my desk p.s. yes i call it my command center) and try to fire the little guy up on ARMING MODE through a git bash shell on a windows machine (also tried cmd prompt). the exact cmd im using is (ssh root@172.16.24.1) and I keep timing out. that is where im at now. Now let me rack my brain.... i think that is as detailed as i can get with you guys (please let me know if im missing anything) i am connecting through the serial cable not the ethernet adapter. I do have a shark jack cordless but i'm thinking that the cable will suit my needs more readily. 

DARREN, I NEED YOU BRUTHA! 

p.s. or any of you guys, any and all help is appreciated.

The answer is most likely in your own post

2 hours ago, H0wl3r said:

i am connecting through the serial cable not the ethernet adapter

and

2 hours ago, H0wl3r said:

the exact cmd im using is (ssh root@172.16.24.1)

How are you supposed to get an IP address using a serial connection? You can't! So, you need to stop trying to combine the two modes of connection and use either ssh via the Ethernet interface or serial connection via the serial interface.

10 hours ago, dark_pyrro said:

The answer is most likely in your own post

and

How are you supposed to get an IP address using a serial connection? You can't! So, you need to stop trying to combine the two modes of connection and use either ssh via the Ethernet interface or serial connection via the serial interface.

i just tried as you said and still cant get into the device. what is the serial interface you are describing?

You have to be more detailed about what you have tried since you have been given two options:

1) Use serial, but since you don't know what the serial interface is, then I can assume you haven't tried that option

2) Use Ethernet in some way; so, in what way did you try to access the Shark using Ethernet? Did you plug the Shark into a computer in arming mode, or did you craft a payload and attached it to a network offering the Shark a DHCP lease?