Software

ngr23

Hi, 

I have problem I updated my pinaple VII yesterday. 

After reeboot my device show me page:

FLASH ERROR A flash error was detected on your device. It appears that your device has been flashed improperly, and will not function correctly. Please restore your device using the recovery process documented at https://docs.hak5.org/wifi-pineapple/faq/factory-reset-and-recovery Remember you MUST flash the RECOVERY/STAGER FIRMWARE first before flashing the full firmware.

i can't access on 172.16.42.1 no ports

Red light on device.

How did you get that error if you can't access the device?

In any case, what firmware version was you Pineapple on before the firmware update? 1.xx or 2.xx? If it was on 1.xx before the update and you upgraded to the latest (2.1.3), then you might have encountered a Pineapple that has exactly such issues as the error message says; i.e. bad flash storage. If a Pineapple has bad flash storage, it often shows if updating from 1.xx to 2.xx since 1.xx didn't check the status of the flash storage, but 2.xx does. In that way you might have been using a 1.xx based Pineapple without knowing that the flash might have been bad from the start. It's not 100% certain that this is the case for you, but my guess is that is what's happened. I would suggest submitting a support ticket.