Issue with Bash Bunny Mark 2 not being recognized on Kali Linux

Intelkush

Hello, fellow forum members,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm reaching out to the community as I'm encountering a rather frustrating issue with my Bash Bunny Mark 2 on Kali Linux. I've tried various troubleshooting steps, but unfortunately, the problem persists.

Here are the details of my issue:

Problem Summary:

• Device: Bash Bunny Mark 2
  • Initial Status: The Bash Bunny Mark 2 was initially recognized by Kali Linux. It would show up on the Desktop and in the file manager. I was able to work with the device.
  • Current Issue: After testing a payload on Windows 10, the Bash Bunny Mark 2 stopped being recognized on Kali Linux.
  • Behavior: When plugged in, the Bash Bunny turns on with a green light for about 3 seconds and then goes dark.
  • Troubleshooting Attempts:
    • Used lsusb and dmesg | tail commands to locate the device. The device information is displayed(sometimes).
    • Reinstalled the Kali Linux OS.
    • Troubleshoot the file manager settings with no success.
    • USB Rubberducky works as intended with Kali. I plug it into Kali and it pops open on my Desktop and is listed as a Device in my file manager.

System Information:

• Release: 2023.3
  • Codename: kali-rolling

Questions:

1. Has anyone else encountered a similar issue with the Bash Bunny Mark 2 on Kali Linux?
  2. Are there any known compatibility issues between Bash Bunny Mark 2 and Kali Linux?
  3. Is there any specific configuration or driver installation required for the Bash Bunny Mark 2 to function properly on Kali Linux?
  4. Can anyone help?

I find it perplexing that the Bash Bunny Mark 2 works flawlessly on Windows OS, but is having trouble connecting to Kali Linux. Any insights, suggestions, or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Best regards,  Joe

3 hours ago, Intelkush said:

After testing a payload on Windows 10, the Bash Bunny Mark 2 stopped being recognized on Kali Linux.

3 hours ago, Intelkush said:

find it perplexing that the Bash Bunny Mark 2 works flawlessly on Windows OS

Based on the two quotes above; is the Bunny still working on Windows or does it show the same behavior on Windows as well?

To my knowledge, there should be no issues using it with Kali, at least not from the use case described here.

Hello everyone,

Firstly, I'd like to express my sincere gratitude to all those who have taken the time to respond to my issue with the Bash Bunny Mark 2 on Kali Linux. Your assistance and insights mean a lot to me.

In response to the question raised by some of you about the Bash Bunny Mark 2's functionality on Windows: Yes, I have conducted tests with the Bash Bunny Mark 2 on my Windows 10 laptop. Interestingly, the device works seamlessly on Windows. I am able to access the device from the file explorer, execute copy-and-paste operations to and from the device, and more. Unfortunately, I can't recall the specific payload I employed during the test.

I would also like to mention that I am running Kali Linux on its own dedicated desktop machine. This detail might be relevant to understanding the issue I am facing.

It's important to note that I am currently constrained by the forum's policy, allowing me to post only once a day. Consequently, my responses may not be as immediate as I would like them to be. Despite this, I remain fully committed to resolving this issue and am eager to continue engaging with your suggestions and guidance.

I extend my sincere appreciation to all of you for your patience and understanding.

• 2 months later...