Dead Ducky?

TLDodo

Good morning.

I've had my Rubber ducky for around a week now (I purchased 2 for business use, mainly enrolling chromebooks) and one of my ducks won't inject payloads and when plugged into any machine (with or without the button press) there is no response. It doesn't load the pre-loaded script and also won't be detected as a mass storage. I was looking to flash the ducky but I saw that only the legacy Ducks should be flashed.

If at all possible I'd like to try avoid returning the ducky as the summer holidays are coming up and I have a few hundred chromebooks to enroll.

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Have you used the faulty Ducky with a Chromebook (since you mention that was one of the intended use of the Ducky)?

If you plug the Ducky into a Windows machine and look at how it's enumerated, what is it enumerated as (look in Device Manager)?

Or, even easier if you plug it in to a Linux box and run "lsusb".

9 minutes ago, dark_pyrro said:

Have you used the faulty Ducky with a Chromebook (since you mention that was one of the intended use of the Ducky)?

If you plug the Ducky into a Windows machine and look at how it's enumerated, what is it enumerated as (look in Device Manager)?

Or, even easier if you plug it in to a Linux box and run "lsusb".

I've not managed to get it to work to put in the payload to even start using this one with the chromebooks. I've looked at Universal Serial Bus Controllers and Devices (checking for changes before and after plug-in) and nothing appears. There is no sound that is usually made when a USB is plugged in even if the button is then pressed. 

For lack of a better term it's like the USB is "bricked". I've tried resetting the DFU(?) but when this is plugged into the computer it isn't recognised so It doesn't show as an option on the site.

My 2nd Ducky is currently enrolling chromebooks as we speak with no issues at all. To my knowledge I've set them both up and unboxed them identically. I am running on Windows 11 just for future reference.