Packet Squirrel - Firware update

Andreas B

Hi

I've received my squirrl and run an firmware update.
After more than 10 Minutes without an progress, i switch of the device.

Great decision - i've now an Brick 😕

It's possible to bring back my device to life?

Thanks
BR Andreas

• 2 weeks later...

@dark_pyrro I think it's the 1st Gen because i don't find anything printed about "Mark II".

On other hand HAK5 wrote about MK II 😮

"you received a device that slipped through our quality control. The Packet Squirrel that you received is in fact the yet-to-be-released Mark II version. The hardware is unchanged from what will be released, however the firmware running on your device is incomplete."

1 minute ago, Andreas B said:

@dark_pyrro I think it's the 1st Gen because i don't find anything printed about "Mark II".

"you received a device that slipped through our quality control. The Packet Squirrel that you received is in fact the yet-to-be-released Mark II version. The hardware is unchanged from what will be released, however the firmware running on your device is incomplete."

And:

"After following the instructions in this guide, your device will be running the final production firmware for the Packet Squirrel Mark II. You can find the guide and update files in the link below"

If Hak5 explicitly say that it is a Mark II device, then it is a Mark II device. You just have to follow the instructions provided by Hak5 since there are extremely few in the community that has gotten the Mark II by mistake and therefore can't assist in any way here on the forums.

On 6/20/2023 at 12:01 AM, dark_pyrro said:

If Hak5 explicitly say that it is a Mark II device, then it is a Mark II device. You just have to follow the instructions provided by Hak5 since there are extremely few in the community that has gotten the Mark II by mistake and therefore can't assist in any way here on the forums.

Ok, thanks 🙂

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, WaffleTaco said:

i never received any instructions from hak5.

https://docs.hak5.org/packet-squirrel-mark-ii/

There's always a docs page. And the link to the page will be on the card. that came with the squirrel.