Turn USB-A On (Openwrt)

Miss S

For those who wish to turn on the USB-A port for Ethernet adaptors, storage etc... here's how.

Be warned: This device is wired up a bit funny (still figuring it out) . If I turn on my USB-A my AP (aerial/radio) stops broadcasting. So I'm guessing one of the aerials/radio is wired to the USB-A port or it can just be Openwrt not configure right yet.

In terminal:

On

echo1 > /sys/class/gpio/usb-power/value

Off

echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/usb-power/value

I guess you're doing this on your recently "vanilla-converted" Pineapple. If so, then it is appropriate to mention that fact since this isn't an issue on an out-of-the-box Pineapple (at least not getting compatible USB Ethernet adapters to work along with other interfaces on the Pineapple)

Funny, you only mention USB Ethernet! How about basic USB features? This is what my hack is more about. This box thing was a knight mare to use just for quick storage access, and hak5 support was terrible at the time especially from fox... The vanilla project is working how this slow box should.

So yes,  this was/is a bug/lacked feature of the ...box depending on your view and needs.

Its admiral you jump to the pineapple defence!

Regarding USB storage devices specifically, I can't recreate that on the Pineapple...

- Client WiFi connection using wlan2 is working with a USB storage device attached to the Type A USB port of the Pineapple
- Recon scan using wlan3 is working with a USB storage device attached to the Type A USB port of the Pineapple
- Recon scan using wlan1 is working with a USB storage device attached to the Type A USB port of the Pineapple
- AP:s on wlan0/wlan0x (open + mgmt) is working with a USB storage device attached to the Type A USB port of the Pineapple

(including combos of the above)

I would probably expect that. As to my first post "Install Openwrt" I did mention I last used this device in hak5 form 2years+ ago. So no point comparing a 2023 Ferrari with a 1980's Ferrari.. pointless.  I have it working good on the Openwrt project too.

But thanks for trying, and at least your customers will be happy to know this.