New Dude

New Dude

Have a new Rubber Ducky purchased a few weeks ago, was able to load a test script which appeared as intended on Win powershell. I tried  to remove the ducky statefully using remove device .from hidden icons on lower left of window, but it was not listed as USB. Now when I try to mount the ducky to load a new script, it is not recognized (but other USB storage devices are). I placed only two tear drop stickers over the pushbutton, but have not configured ducky for button use, so as I understand it, it should be defaulting to act as a storage device and only uploading the bin file will "arm it". Please advise if I made a mistake somewhere and/or how to get the ducky recognized as storage to load a new bin file. Thanks!

2 hours ago, New Dude said:

was able to load a test script which appeared

What script (payload) did you use? What ATTACKMODE:s where used?

Now when I try to mount the ducky to load a new script, it is not recognized

Depends on my first question. If it didn't include ATTACKMODE STORAGE, it won't automatically mount as storage as the payload runs so you can't access it.

I placed only two tear drop stickers over the pushbutton

Can you push the button through the case? If not, then I would remove the case to get access to the push button and push it after it has been inserted to stop payload execution. Another way of stopping any already existing payload from executing is to use a Micro SD card reader and insert the reader (plus the Ducky Micro SD card inserted) to a computer and simply remove the existing inject.bin file.

Many thanks dark_pyrro, the click through cover didn't work so as you suggested, I removed the case and inserted the naked ducky and pressed the button and all is well. oddly, the button is located facing downward when inserted, might be a product improvement project for Hak5 to move it face upwards which might help users access the button with or without the cover when inserted.

Anyhow, many thanks for taking time to help a newbie.

Archived