Trash...

cluckomatic

After the pineapple sat on a shelf for a good 6 months, simply because it wasn't consistent, buggy, etc.. Sure, on occasion I sought help, but the support "IN GENERAL" apparently are all overworked smart asses, with very little, if any patience. Now, I'm not a buggy hardware pro, but I've been in telco/datacom for over 25 years as a Senior engineer, or some form of operations. In that time I've troubleshot hardware and software for more hours than some of these dudes have had pubes.. So, I don't have any patience either for all that dumb shit.

After deciding I didn't want to have thrown 100 and something bucks down the ding hole, i got it back out. To no surprise, it wasn't even functioning and needed firmware reinstalled. After a month of trying on and off, with the recovery software, and about 15 other different ways.. I said screw this piece of shit. Apparently a storage issue, and perhaps that a hardware issue that I'm certain many have or will face. 

It is a shame that this latest hardware was such trash. Considering the past successes. Maybe focus has been lost. My business has probably gone with the focus. 

Peace.

I too make some disappointing observations with the Mark VII. Extremely inconsistent. At some so inconsistent that you can't even reproduce behavior because the behavior changes every time without changing the parameters. 

I don't give up easily and I'll try further, but this is heavily frustrating. 

Can not recommend.

I have found the Mark 7 to be very unstable.  I am running the latest code and the inconsistency in operation makes it difficult to even trouble shoot.  I am also trying to understand why there is a WPA password requirement on the Evil Twin portal?  It might be pilot error and confusion in the cockpit but the code seems very unstable.  I have great admiration for the Hak5 team and the product goals, but I think this last release is not living up to its reputation.  Currently this is not useable outside of the laboratory and I will monitor for update. - DrVoIP

Archived