Cannot do SHIFT ENTER

mechateka

It just types an 'E' if I put SHIFT ENTER in my script. I'm wanting to type a full ps1 file and just hit enter to execute in full, but if I can't do shift enter, I won't be able to do that. Is this intended behavior of the ducky? Has anyone else had this problem? I saw a post from someone in April that had a similar issue with SHIFT RIGHTARROW and it was only typing R, but there was nothing helpful on that post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11 hours ago, dark_pyrro said:

Did you try using INJECT_MOD and HOLD/RELEASE shift?

I am new to this, so it's likely I'm just doing something wrong, but I've got the booklet and I've perused the larger book but haven't yet seen an answer. Here's a snippet from my code, and then the output. With INJECT_MOD it only adds to the problem.

GUI r
DELAY 1000
STRING powershell Start-Process powershell -Verb runAs
ENTER
DELAY 5000
STRING username
TAB
STRING password
ENTER
DELAY 5000
STRING  net user administrator adminpass
ENTER
STRING net user administrator /active:yes
ENTER
STRING Clear-Host
INJECT_MOD
HOLD SHIFT
ENTER
Delay 300
RELEASE SHIFT

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>  net user administrator adminpass
The command completed successfully.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> net user administrator /active:yes
The command completed successfully.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Clear-HostIH
Clear-HostIH : The term 'Clear-HostIH' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ Clear-HostIH
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Clear-HostIH:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> DR

It clearly picks up the initial character, "IH" from INJECT_MOD and HOLD SHIFT, "DR" from Delay and RELEASE SHIFT (Delay needs to be DELAY btw)

However, I can't seem to be able to reproduce the issues you are facing. I just made a simple payload using "SHIFT ENTER" and it works (without INJECT_MOD). What encoder are you using and are you using any specific language file when encoding your payload (if not US, but that should really not affect this specific scenario)?

Archived