C2 Cloud won't start on reboot automatically.

bsbratten

So, I have created a service for the C2 Cloud and used the enable command, which theoretically as I understand it should cause the service to start on system reboot. When I command my provider to reboot, the service does not appear to automatically start. When I check service status, it says that it requires internet access to start for license check. It appears the c2 cloud service is starting before my server has access to the internet. Sorry for the noob question but how do I address this issue? The service works just fine when it is manually started. I keep banging my head against the wall with this. 

Try to put a sleep in the service configuration file. The duration heavily depends on the time it takes for the network to be up and running. Not sure what OS you are running, but since you use a service that seems *nix like, I guess it's something Linux based.

In the service file, before the ExecStart line, add something like the following

ExecStartPre=<path-to>/sleep <time>

Where <path-to> is the path to the sleep command, most likely /usr/bin but check with which sleep or whereis sleep to get the correct path

<time> is the time to sleep, start with 30 to let the service wait for 30 seconds and then start the executable (the C2 binary), change it if needed

For example:

ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/sleep 30

Archived