How do i clear the "Previous Clients" list ?

Thermostaten

I often use the Pineapple to show people how MITM wifi works and tell them how many people connected to my setup during my talks.

To be sure i quickly can tell how many people that connected then i clear the "Previous Client" list before i begin but i do that manually by pressing "DELETE" for every 200+ client that connected during my last demonstrations

Is there a better / faster way ?

If i ssh to the pineapple ( Mark VII - version 2.1.3) and run

pineap clear_logs

Then i do not clear the Previous Clients list

Try editing the /etc/pineapple/previous_clients.db database file. Either scp it to a computer and edit it using the SQLite DB Browser and then scp it back to the Pineapple (or use Python on the Pineapple). Just deleting the file won't work as I recall it.

The above is not officially supported as far as I know, so, you're doing it at your own risk. Also make sure that accepting clients is disabled to not make writes to the database while moving files back and forth. And, as always, make backups of files that are "manipulated". In a worst case scenario, just factory reset.

Thanks Dark_Pyro - that DB was the tip i needed..

I ended up doing this ( have ssh keys installed ) :

SSH_CMD="ssh -o ConnectTimeout=5 -o BatchMode=yes -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -C4 -2 -4 root@172.16.42.1"
 printf "%-60s" " - Clearing Pineapple Resent Clients"
 ${SSH_CMD} '
 if [ $(opkg list-installed | grep -c ^sqlite3-cli) -eq 0 ]; then 
  if [ $(opkg update -V0 && opkg install sqlite3-cli && echo 0 || echo 1) -ne 0 ]; then 
   echo "[FAILED]"
   exit 1
  fi
 fi
 sqlite3 /etc/pineapple/previous_clients.db "delete from previous; vacuum"
 echo "[OK]"
'

Archived