Type, Class and Quality of Micro SD card to use (classic ducky)

hoochrulez55

Card class/speed is probably not of that much importance when it comes to the classic Ducky. I guess it's rather difficult to get hold of cards with a storage capacity as low as 128 MB from some well known brand nowadays. I would dare to say it's more or less impossible. They focus on the sizes that are the big bulk of sales and that is probably not anything less than 8 GB (or perhaps 4 GB in some rare cases). I've used my 128 MB card that came with my classic Ducky for many many years now. Haven't had any reason to change it. I've tried bigger cards (my max is at 128 GB I think), but that normally doesn't go along well with the Ducky so it was just a temporary test. There are reasons to why it was shipped with 128 MB only (and the new Ducky is as well). The recommendation is to not use cards bigger than 2 GB, at least for the new Ducky so it should be valid for the classic Ducky as well. I bought a bunch of 128 MB noname cards from Amazon recently and also some 2 GB cards just in case I might need them. Didn't even bother to try to get hold of some cards from known manufacturers since I assumed it would be a fruitless mission.

39 minutes ago, dark_pyrro said:

Card class/speed is probably not of that much importance when it comes to the classic Ducky. I guess it's rather difficult to get hold of cards with a storage capacity as low as 128 MB from some well known brand nowadays. I would dare to say it's more or less impossible. They focus on the sizes that are the big bulk of sales and that is probably not anything less than 8 GB (or perhaps 4 GB in some rare cases). I've used my 128 MB card that came with my classic Ducky for many many years now. Haven't had any reason to change it. I've tried bigger cards (my max is at 128 GB I think), but that normally doesn't go along well with the Ducky so it was just a temporary test. There are reasons to why it was shipped with 128 MB only (and the new Ducky is as well). The recommendation is to not use cards bigger than 2 GB, at least for the new Ducky so it should be valid for the classic Ducky as well. I bought a bunch of 128 MB noname cards from Amazon recently and also some 2 GB cards just in case I might need them. Didn't even bother to try to get hold of some cards from known manufacturers since I assumed it would be a fruitless mission.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I still use my 128 MB that came with my duck still too. Have for at least a year or so with no issues. I want to carry multiple payloads at once on micro sd. This is the reason for my post ultimately. Okay so basically stay 2GB and below for best results. Perfect thank you 😊. I have heard that large cards can bog the ducky down and make it slow. Thanks for the advice. Cheers. 

• 2 months later...

i was wondering what size mem card i could use, i have the new ducky 3.0 with the usb c on one side, i was wondering to use it to execute a payload and store stuff on the usb mem card as i can use it as a HID and STORAGE. so ill need to do a payload where it will save stuff to another usb storage drive ill have to plug into the computer also, is this correct ? 

thank you 

21 hours ago, joe4729 said:

i was wondering what size mem card i could use,

Not sure what you mean, the sizes are discussed and specified just some posts up this thread. What other information do you need to know?

21 hours ago, joe4729 said:

so ill need to do a payload where it will save stuff to another usb storage drive ill have to plug into the computer also

What is "another usb storage drive"? Do you want to use the USB Rubber Ducky and (beside that) a USB storage device, then why do you want to do that? Why not store things on the USB Rubber Ducky (since you say that you have the new USB Rubber Ducky and not the classic)?

Archived