Pineapple - Rogue AP

olympus_mons

Hi all,

I bought a Pineapple a few months back, I managed to get the captive portal feature working, but I never managed to get the rogue access point working.

I am due onsite to do some pen testing in a few weeks and I would like to incorporate the Pineapple in the wireless testing if possible. Up to now, I have used tool such as airgedden and aircrack-ng but the Pineapple feels like a better more professional tool.

Can anyone please run through the work flow of how to configure a rogue access point please? Is the rogue access point the same as an evil ap? 

Essentially I want to trick the users into connecting to my Pineapple / Rogue AP / Evil AP and ultimately steal the WiFi password. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

correct, I want to steal the wifi password of the wireless network on site. The wireless network that all the users will be connected to. I suppose the correct term is WPA2 PSK.

So if I need to use some kind of social engineering to get the WPA2 PSK, what exactly is the purpose of the Pineapple? 

Can you help me or not? Do you know how to make use of a Pineapple during an engagement or not? 

Being totally honest, I don’t, that’s why I’m on here asking.

I bought it based on it being a Wi-Fi hacking tool, that’s it 👍

all I want is a few pointers on how the device can help me during engagements. All the articles online seem to be for an evil portal which I don’t want. I want to know what the rogue AP feature of pineap does and how it works.

Archived