Key croc isn't recording keystrokes

key-croc-help

If the computer suddenly shuts down while key croc is running , key croc doesn't save the keystrokes to croc_char.txt

It's automatically deletes recorded keystrokes. --> how do i know that:

When I connect key croc with ssh (while key croc running) I see "/root/loot/croc_char.log" records every stroke properly. However, if the computer suddenly shuts down while key croc is running, key croc automatically deletes saved keystrokes in "/root/loot/croc_char.log" and "/root/udisk/loot/croc_char.log". What can I do ? Please help me..

Version: 1.3_510

I don't have the Croc available at the moment, but it sounds a bit strange that it wouldn't write to "disk". You can check the croc_framework file and see if there is something odd, but I can't see that it should be. If it's really not working, then I would perhaps play with sync and some cron job copying the file with some relevant interval. It's not how it should be done though.

Please keep the font smaller when posting.

I can't remember the path off the top of my head, but I think it's /usr/local/croc/bin (I can't seem to be able to memorize the different paths between the Hak5 products).

There's nothing specific to change really. I was just pointing that out because a lot of things are controlled using the framework. You have to spend the time needed to find anything that might affect this (if there is anything at all).

I understand now, yes u are right. Croc_framework in /usr/local/croc/bin but i didn't understand anything.. It's so complicated. I don't know what to do. Is there an easier way to fix this ? While everyones croc is working, why is mine like this 😞

There's no "scientific proof" that everyone else's Croc works properly in this specific scenario. It might be a thing not working properly, but it sounds strange that it would be. If I get time, I will try to replicate/reproduce what you are experiencing.

• 1 month later...

Archived