USB ID

aaaaaaaa

Has anybody been able to get USB host vendor and id from the device the bash bunny is connected to? All of the usual lsusb and cat’ing the device tree don’t seem to show the host id because the device is not in host mode.

Say I have a Toshiba laptop, and I plug in the bash bunny. I want to get the vendor and product id from the laptop’s USB port. In UUSB host mode, you can simply do a lsusb -tv. However, devices do not show up as connected in the linux device tree when a device (the bash bunny) is not in host mode.

I don't know how that would be possible taking into account the "roles" that the different devices has in this scenario. The Bunny won't act in that role since there's not such attackmode. You don't attach devices *to* the Bunny. You attach the Bunny to other devices (that are acting as host).

I only want to execute a payload if the target USB device matches a specified id. If I plug a phone into the laptop, the phone knows the laptop’s vid and pid. The phone is not in host mode and is drawing power from the laptop. I am assuming I will have to write a custom kernel extension, and may be better off using a pi zero since the bunny firmware is not available.

Archived