Wifi Client Mode

Chamaco

I've noticed that when Pine AP is on, I lose the Wifi Client feature, which makes sense with the number of wireless adapters on the device; I tried attaching a wireless adapter (identified as wlan0-1 in Networking) but I'm unable to select this device to connect to my AP.

Is this a supported feature? I'd like to keep the nano on site, connect to a hidden SSID (using my new adapter) but running the campaign with the other antennas.

Any help is appreciated!

22 hours ago, dark_pyrro said:

Yes, it's supported if using an added USB WiFi adapter, using the onboard radios/interfaces to act as WiFi client interfaces will break built in features such as PineAP

https://docs.hak5.org/wifi-pineapple-6th-gen-nano-tetra/internet-connectivity/wifi-client-mode

thanks for the reply!

Running lsusb I see my device:

"Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8811AU 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN Adapter"

is there a particular process to activate it?

Thanks!

For client mode, it might be OK to use, but for monitor mode or inject it's probably not going to be a nice experience mainly due to available drivers that isn't good. You can of course use it. But, as said, you probably need to install drivers for it. If using something based on, for example, the RT5370 it will work out of the box.

Just read about how to install things on OpenWrt. There is official and non official information out there that explains how it's done. First you have to find out what kmod/driver to use for that specific hardware/chipset, then install it (opkg update >> opkg install [kmod package name] .....ish.....)

Archived