M1 MacBook Air compatibility with new Mark Vll

Glitchit109

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum. I am learning about networking and wanted to add the Pineapple device  to my tool set. I am wondering if anyone has been able to use it with the MacBook Air M1 chip? If so what your experience with the Pineapple so far?

Thank you in advance! 😎

It depends on how you are going to use it. To connect to the Pineapple using WiFi shouldn't be an issue, but connecting to it using USB-C will probably not work but that shouldn't be specific to the M1. More related to OS since Apple has stopped supporting the ASIX chipset that is used for Ethernet (USB-C) on the Pineapple.

https://docs.hak5.org/wifi-pineapple/faq/macos-support

• 2 weeks later...

I've not been able to get wired tethering to work on M1. Tethering is arguably the best feature of the pineapple (for use with wireshark).

The driver (AX88772C, version 2.0.0, for macOS 12 silicon, released on 2021-10-21) won't provide proper dhcp, nor proper routing if using static ip. I'm pretty sure the B and C version use the same driver installer. The A version doesn't have an available driver for M1. So I dunno exactly which chip is being used.

I've not emailed the manufacture, but could be worth while reaching out to asix to troubleshoot/update the driver itself.

Archived