WiFi Pineapple Mark VII clears all settings on UI initiated reboot and reenters setup mode

jjarvis1532

Good afternoon, 

I'm having a major issue where my pineapple goes though setup (radios enabled), sets passwords, blacklists, and sets up the management AP all fine.

I then observe the managment SSID changing as expected and reconnect to it.

Next I get to the main menu, install a few things under the module tab, and go to initiate a reboot.

On the device coming up, the SSID is the default Pineapple_XXXX and I'm prompted to redo setup from the "Welcome" screen. 

I've tried reflashing the firmware via recovery mode as well. 

In terms of power I'm using a 5 volt 3 amp power supply over USBC.

Does the Pineapple throw back any error messages or such in the process? Something like "Config failed". Some users (a very few to my knowledge) seem to have experienced something like the scenario you are describing. In that case they have used hardware serial to connect to the Pineapple and removed a file named "setup_required" positioned in /etc/pineapple and after that the problem was solved. Not sure if that's the case for you. Also, you have to crack the Pineapple case open to be able to access the serial port and that will void warranty. But, it should be possible as well (since you seem to get access to the UI) to open the terminal in the Pineapple web UI (or ssh into the Pineapple) and see if you can locate the file mentioned above before making any reboot. You can, as said, try the beta though and see if it solves it all.

On 3/30/2022 at 7:41 AM, dark_pyrro said:

Does the Pineapple throw back any error messages or such in the process? Something like "Config failed". Some users (a very few to my knowledge) seem to have experienced something like the scenario you are describing. In that case they have used hardware serial to connect to the Pineapple and removed a file named "setup_required" positioned in /etc/pineapple and after that the problem was solved. Not sure if that's the case for you. Also, you have to crack the Pineapple case open to be able to access the serial port and that will void warranty. But, it should be possible as well (since you seem to get access to the UI) to open the terminal in the Pineapple web UI (or ssh into the Pineapple) and see if you can locate the file mentioned above before making any reboot. You can, as said, try the beta though and see if it solves it all.

Sorry for the delayed reply! Unfortunately, no error messages logged that I could see. I reflashed the firmware to the recovery image and then went to 2.0 Beta. From what I could tell, that fixed the issue of it not saving the configuration. The beta brought in more issues, but the config seems to be sticking now. 

Archived