LEFT ALT Key

Parrman

Does anybody know how you can just get the rubber ducky to press the left ALT key on its own?  I need to do this to access menus on a piece of software (its has not shortcuts - you just press ALT).

Simply having ALT in the script doesn't seem to work (it gives an error on some encoders), I have tried LALT, LEFTALT and a few other keynames without success.

Thanks

The Java one is possible to use as well. In some cases the result can be a bit different. I did a quick test with the Java encoder for the ALT key specifically, but that didn't seem to work. It could perhaps be possible to figure out "workarounds" if knowing a bit more about what you are trying to do (such as if there are things that happens after you want ALT to be pressed that could make it possible to trick the Ducky in some way).

Thanks Dark_pyrro,

I am trying to use the ducky to demonstrate vulnerabilities on industrial control systems. you need to access the menus (File Edit etc.) on the software package to do certain things.

The only way to do this by keyboard is to press ALT there is no other shortcuts to get to the menus. I did notice that if you press ALT and the windows button that also worked but I tried ALT GUI in the script and that didn't seem to work either (though it did encode).

Thanks again.

Aren't there any shortcut characters in the menus (not sure if it's Windows based or not)? Such as if you use ALT with a character, it opens a menu (for example ALT f). ALT space sometimes works but that most often does not open the "regular" menus but the one with minimize, maximize, move, etc. You have said that there are no shortcuts already, but I have to ask to be sure.

Archived