D. Rom

D. Rom

Still not sure exactly what you are looking for, but guessing from the information at hand, it sounds like a MITM scenario where you need to position yourself between the target and the world around it. There are tons of information about that so just do some searching on the subject and enhance your knowledge.

i want to monitor all the mobile device network traffic:
To log and check what is going in & out. and monitor a data leakage

To resolve all the application traffic: were they are connected to, what data they send there...

I want to check the data flow in\out

Is this on a single device, or a network? If you're working with a single device, you could set up a computer on the network to work as a VPN to forward your traffic to for logging, but if it's a network you'd have to set up a logger for traffic, and that wouldn't have decrypted SSL traffic. If you're just wanting to track the traffic on a personal device, definitely use a VPN software to intercept your requests, but if you want to cover a network of devices, just keep in mind the encryption.

When I’ve done this for mobile application pen testing, I had to shut off mobile data (4G/5G) and connect the device to a Wi-Fi network I could monitor. Note that some applications do not honor the mobile device’s proxy settings, so it may be necessary to monitor at the access point/network gateway level. It was convenient for me to use a Linux-based Wi-Fi AP for this purpose.

If you are trying to monitor 4G/5G/LTE/whatever traffic, please note that you are trying to monitor a network you do not own, and reconsider your life choices.

Archived