Pineapple connected to C2 and drops off forever

JasonJason

Are you referring to 2 separate units of the Pineapple or are you referring to the Pineapple and the Croc (that you also have some issues with in another thread)? I can't remember what's possible when having the Mark VII in "C2 mode" since I never use mine that way. I connected it to C2 once when I got it, but decided not to use my Mark VII along with C2 since I didn't want to interact with it that way. I want the "local" UI instead. So, if it's possible to access the Pineapple using SSH, you can try to see what's possible when it comes to communicating with the outside world. Not sure how your C2 server is set up (VPS, local server, etc.) but you could try to ping the server from the Pineapple, and so on. Just to make sure that basic communication is set up and possible. There are cc-client logs for other Hak5 devices that are "C2-enabled", not sure if that is available on the Mark VII. That could perhaps be a source for information. If possible, you could try to kill any running cc-client process and start it manually to see if there are any obvious errors. As said, I don't have the experience of this particular feature of the Pineapple since I actually never used it, but it's the way I would do it. Start with verifying the basic communication and take it from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about delay. I got the Crocs working with your certificate fix steps.

I am talking about Pineapple MkVII i have tried 2 brand new ones. I also now tried a Pineapple Nano and it will not connect to the C2 at all.

I am hoping there are some things to try to troubleshoot and resolve this please.

Well.... I mentioned some things to try, you can start there. The Nano should work. I've had it connected to different kinds of C2 setups and it hasn't been any problem with that device type. Another thing to check is to see if other devices than the Croc suffer from the same certificate issue linked to Let's Encrypt.

Archived