AWUS036ACM adapter not working?

John Mann

hi guys, new here to the community and to the wifi pineapple, and i had just picked up a AWUS036ACM wifi adapter that supports 5G, when i plug it into my pineapple i see wlan3 show up in Wireless Client Mode along with wlan2 (built in pineapple adapter 2g only)

when i use wlan3 and join my 5g home network the pineapple crashes and reboots within seconds, almost like a quick soft reboot, then asks me to connect to wifi again, please help im trying to get 5g connections so client mode is faster thanks!

I never use the ACM as a client NIC, only for recon, so I have never tried it. Sounds like some kernel panic. I don't have my Mark VII up and running at the moment so I can't check, but for the Nano I think any kernel panics are available in the /sys/kernel/debug/crashlog directory. Perhaps there are some clues there that can tell you what's happening.

4 hours ago, dark_pyrro said:

I never use the ACM as a client NIC, only for recon, so I have never tried it. Sounds like some kernel panic. I don't have my Mark VII up and running at the moment so I can't check, but for the Nano I think any kernel panics are available in the /sys/kernel/debug/crashlog directory. Perhaps there are some clues there that can tell you what's happening.

Ok I’ll sure check, because client mode only has about 2 mbps up and down so I really need this 5G to work

Archived