Evil portal doesn't pop up

whoami98

Hello all.

I have a Nano with the lates update installed.

The problem i'm having is that when i activate certain portal which i downloaded from kleo github, and then start captive portal it doesnt work. I go to my phone and wifi open access point is there but when i connect, pop up doesn't appear. I have kali linux and ive installed also wp6. Also i did watch all tutorials and did exact same thing but for me it never worked.

Yes I've downloaded all of them but I activated only one, Instagram. But I tried almost everyone of them but it didn't work. I also installed Dnsmasq spoof from the module, and when I started it, I went to wifi pineapple IP and it was there the evil portal page. Logging information works as well. But I don't understand why the pop up on my phone's won't appear, because if that not happens it's basically useless. And yes I can see all portals in GUI.

Ok, can't see why it shouldn't work. Tried different devices? Both the phone and the PC I tried with this time around worked instantly (using the Google style portal). Are the portals stored on the internal storage of the Nano or on an SD card? How much space do you have remaining/free on the internal storage when the portals are installed (if they are installed on the internal storage)? It's also a bit difficult to understand your situation. You say that you get the evil portal page when visiting the Pineapple IP (which sounds like it's working) and at the same time you say that it doesn't pop up on your phone. IIRC, I have no dnsmasq spoof module installed on my Nano, so that can't really have anything to do with "solving" it all.

All of my Portals and modules are installed on my micro SD card that has 2 gb on it. I remember before when I didn't wifi pineapple I tried to do this with my wifi dongle model tp link. I put it in monitor mode and tried to do something with IP tables, but it never worked. Maybe I have to clean ip tables or something.

Yeah the problem is that i payed over 100 euros for something that doesn't work. I did factory reset right now and this time i installed only one portal to internal storage, and still i cant connect to open access point like it doesn't have internet access, but as far as i know this shoud even work without internet access which i have.

I dont know why did you assume i only bought this device for only that, i tryed other things like nmap and some dwall and that work perfect. But i must that, mainly i bought it for captive portal. My filters are Client Filtering is in Deny Listed MAC(s),  SSID Filtering is in Deny Listed SSID(s) as well.

• 1 year later...

To be honest its 2023 the new with security changes and all the wifi pineapple is only good to give your kids to play with, on there website they still advertise its a pentesting device for mitm and all this fancy shit but its not cant do anything anymore, people are using the new pineapple for evil portal thats it, they need to discontinue this device asap, of course theres hard core fans of this device and ass kissers who gonna claim this and that to my reply but i stand firm as always. but i also have this issue with my nano, been sitting in a closet for many years, i actually spent year messing with my tetra which after so many firmware updates and all too trying to get this defective shit to work i gave up and forcibly bricked it to hell cause i hate it some say just sell it by why sell a device in 2023 that doesnt work with todays patched securites? pineapple old and new are just worthless and to the ass kissers yes its worthless...the nano i brought to life after sooooooo long i installed evil portal installed the portal to sd portals and run it but when i connect on my phone and other phones and every laptop i have the portal doesnt show up...so yes old post but what the op is facing i face the same and why someone hopefully can help, this evil portal wont show uppp, i cannot use the new firmware because the client side wont work just like the tetra, i scan for wifi with the pineapple and a wifi dongle click connect and it tries to connect and doesnt do anything so i use the firmware below that one...so to sum it up, install evil portal, install kleo portals to sd pineapple folder click activate on a portal and start evil portal no matter what i do or try when i connect to the open ssid  of the pineapple than connect with my phone, three phones, laptops two laptops, desktops one desktop and still the evil portal doesnt show up the internet is working fine but other than that hopefully someone can help i know when there isnt a solution these forums go unhelped.....mr.ticklez is now waiting for some reply while i wait i will give some ticklez....

Archived