C2 devices not found

b00tReQ

Hello

After setting up C2 Pro v2.2.0 on a Ubuntu 18lt cloud server I tried connecting some devices and failed. I have added the device.config file to a Pineapple Terra and Pocket Squirrel as the instructions state. C2 says the devices have never connected. To trouble shooting I can ping the server and the device with no issues. The Pineapple can be accessed via the browser and ssh.

Thinking it was a fire wall issue I made sure ports 80, 8080, 443 2022 and 21 are open for the server. They were and the devices are still not reporting to the C2.

Diving deeper while on the devices I run the C2CONNECT command and get a already connected to C2.

__          ___ ______ _   _____ _.:W0;,oxl:::oOOo:::lxo,;0W:   _   .ONo   KMk
 \ \        / (_|  ____(_) |  __ (_);cKMMMMWk:.;,.;kWMMMMKc;.   | |        .OX:
  \ \  /\  / / _| |__   _  | |__) _ _ __   ___  __ _ _ __  _ __ | | ___  TETRA
   \ \/  \/ / | |  __| | | |  ___| | '_ \ / _ \/ _` | '_ \| '_ \| |/ _ \ 2.7.0 
    \  /\  /  | | |    | | | |   | | | | |  __| (_| | |_) | |_) | |  __/       
     \/  \/   |_|_|    |_| |_|   |_|_| |_|\___|\__,_| .__/| .__/|_|\___|   
     With OpenWRT 19.07.2                            | |   | |                  
     ---------------------                           |_|   |_|                   
root@machine-time:~# C2CONNECT
sshd already running
Device already connected to C2
root@machine-time:~# 

Although the Pineapple says it is connected to the C2, the C2 says differently. After checking the firewall at the office and making sure that is not the issue I installed another instance on a local VM to eliminate the any possible network or firewall issues. The local machine has the same issues, I get the same results, devices say they are connected but not showing in the C2.

Further I open up Wire Shark to see what traffic is coming and going from the C2 and devices. There are no packets going from the devices to the C2 on the network other than the SSH logins and standard keep alive for the shell.

Both devices are running the current version and both show the C2.config file and the device.config file from the C2 setup. I deleted and reinstalled these files a few times to make sure it was not a corrupt file issue.

My question is

1. what sort of packets should the devices be sending to the C2
  2. Other than adding the device.configure file to the device is there any other
  3. any ideas where else to look to trouble shoot

Thanks for any help.

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 5.26.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 5.50.37 PM.png

Archived