paupaulaz

Hi all,

I'm quite new to wireless sniffing. I just received a wireless adapter (Atheros AR9271 2.4 Ghz USB WiFi Wireless Adapter) and want to try man-in-the-middle type attacks at home, using kali Linux in VirtualBox on my Mac.

I've set the USB ports to be accessible from the VM, and then used the adapter to connect to my wifi from the kali VM. I've set packet forwarding using echo 1 >> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward.

Then, I'm launching the two arpspoof commands from two terminal windows: "arpspoof -i wlan0 -t  192.168.1.1 192.168.1.24" and "arpspoof -i wlan0 -t  192.168.1.24 192.168.1.1", knowing that these are respectively my router's and my phone's local IPs. The commands seem to run properly (I'm having an output that look similar to the ones on any tutorial on arpspoofing on both terminals). But when trying to navigate the web from my phone, some pages load (Facebook, Google), but most don't (BBC or Amazon for instance). In any case, nothing appears when I trying to use "urlsnarf -i wlan0" on a new terminal, nothing appears apart from: "urlsnarf: listening on wlan0 [tcp port 80 or port 8080 or port 3128] ".

I'm using the latest version from Kali Linux (2019_3) and MacOS (Catalina). Would anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong? Could this be a hardware issue? 

Thank you very much for any help!

Best, 

Paul

Archived