Issues with Passive sniffing and MiTM

Bradders1990

Hi,

I have a WiFi Pineapple Nano which I recently purchased with the intention of testing the following:

Scenario: smart devices and a smart phone within a home environment, with apps on the smartphone used to manage these devices.  All connected to GuestWiFi WLAN. I have a HomeWiFi WLAN which I connected my laptop and other computing devices too. Both WLANs use the same power line home extender service (TPLink)

I wish to:

1) Use the Nano to sniff traffic on the GuestWiFi WLAN

2) Perform a MiTM by either creating a PineappleWiFi SSID and force all devices to connect to it, or fake/spoof the GuestWiFi.

I updated the Nano to the latest firmware 2.5.4, and have connected it to a Macbook Pro 2018 via the USB (through a USB-C-to-USB adapter). The Nano also had a 32GB SD card so I can install modules on it. It's been assigned 192.168.2.10 by myself on the Internet sharing interface and it is accessible (via Management portal on a browser and via SSH), and access the Internet (including resolving different websites).

Recon works well, and I have put the smartphone and all connected devices in the allow MACs part, and the GuestWiFi in the allow SSID part in the Filters section.

My issue lies in being able to do 1) (I must be missing something here) and 2).

Re (1), I enabled WiFi client mode to connect to GuestWiFi but the problem is that it says enabling PineAP conflicts with wlan1 -> Is this a case of having to use GuestWiFi just in client mode (and not enabling PineAP) to satisfy (1)?

In the case of (2), I enabled PineAP, and have Pineapple WiFi. Connecting the smartphone to it results in no Internet access (do I need to do IP forwarding?). 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Archived