Hak5 Elite Field Kit Changed?

LeonKillsAshley

I recently bought the Elite Field Kit, and when it arrived I was surprised to see some of the things that I expected to be in it were not there. I looked around in the forums to see if there had been changes made to the contents of the kit, but this post was the most recent/relevant that I could find.

One of the responses to that post lists the contents of the kit back in April of last year. Some things stood out to me as not being present in the kit I received. Namely the Anker PowerCore+ 13400 USB battery, 5-port ethernet switch, and some other smaller things. Also, the image on the website implies the kit also comes with a "Trust Your Technolust" pull tag for the carrying case as well as the WiFi radio. Hak5 has a video on their channel which shows what I assume the contents of the kit used to be.

Were these items actually removed from this kit? If so, does anyone know when these changes were made? Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Nice to see that you received a response. ( What's the betting you are not based in the US? Correct me if I am wrong!)

I have also had this issue. Upon initially enquiring I was told that I can find a list of the included items at:

https://shop.hak5.org/collections/hak5-field-kits/products/hak5-elite-field-kit

As you are probably already aware, this only lists the following:

• Wifi Pineapple Tetra, Bash Bunny, USB Rubber Ducky, LAN Turtle SD, Packet Squirrel.
  • The complete Hak5 Guide bundle covering each device.
  • Tools and Accessories including a USB Ethernet Adapter, USB Essentials Kit, Retractable Ethernet cable and Hak5 Elite Equipment Wrap.
  • Plus ALL of the accompanying cables, adapters and card readers. (The card reader is actually a part of the Rubber Ducky Kit).

My packing list had:

• USB Rubber Ducky Deluxe, LAN Turtle SD, Packet Squirrel, Bash Bunny, Tetra Basic.
  • USB Rubber Ducky Field Guide, Bash Bunny Field Guide, Lan Turtle Field Guide, Packet Squirrel Field Guide, Wifi Pineapple Field Guide. 
  • Ethernet Essentials Kit, Essential USB Adapters, Elite Hak5 Gear Organiser. 

There is no Anker Power Supply or the Ethernet Hub, despite it being listed on the forum and being mentioned in the video, so with regards to the above list, only 13 items.

Upon asking if there had been a mistake, I was given an explanation that stated the USB ethernet adapter and retractable ethernet lead (packaged as one item in the Ethernet Essentials Kit white paper envelope) are in fact TWO items! Oh and get this! Apparently, the Y-cable that comes as a part of the Wifi Pineapple is an item in its own right (not presumably a part of the Wifi Pineapple Tetra kit, (listed on the side of the box). So how the heck are you meant to communicate with the Pineapple or power it up on the go, despite this item being listed as being a part of the contents of the kit as follows:

• WiFi Pineapple TETRA
  • Antennas
  • USB Y-Cable
  • Power Supply
  • Instruction Card.