First experience of WiFiPineapple Nano

hexkey

Sup guys. I receive Nano just yesterday ans i will make reference about the device and try to explain why i strong NOT recommend to buy it...

Before i had my own WiFi rig for pentesting: Raspberry Pi, 2 WiFi adapters, PowerBank. It works good and cost less than $50. But i order Pineapple Nano... What can i say? Hak5 representing the device as 'Out of the box' and 'most advanced' kit for wifi pentesting, but most useful functions not working 'out of the box'. For example, sslsplit and ettercap not working. I already fix ettercap mannualy (absolutely nothing about it on official resources, do it myself), but still have problem with splitssl. Try to use stripssl from one guy, who post it here - it not working again. I spend time, reinstall some packages manually and fix it. But no web-interfacee at least again... EvilPortal not working 'out of the box' too... Guys, it's rly strong problem for fix dependencies in repository? Work for 5 minutes... U make update and lost most useful tools...

About hardware, integrated USB so bad idea... Why not microUSB or USB-C + 5" cable?

Archived