Noob help

Arn2e

Hi!

I've managed to get the Nano setup and changed to be accessible on http://192.168.2.10:1471/

I can log onto the dashboard etc, but I simply can't get the internet sharing to work.

I am running Mac High Sierra, and I can't see any USB/Ethernet or the pineapple in the Sys Prefs > Network

It just has Wifi, Bluetooth PAN, LPSS, and IPHONE.

I can't see "Ax88x72A" or "Pineapple" or any other item to configure?

I read about this:

• defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.nat NAT -dict-add SharingNetworkNumberStart 172.16.42.42
  • defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.nat NAT -dict-add SharingNetworkNumberEnd 172.16.42.200
  • defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.nat NAT -dict-add SharingNetworkMask 255.255.255.0

But what would 172.16.42.42, 172.16.42.200 become on the new: http://192.168.2.10 setup?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, completely baffled as to how to get the pineapple sharing the internet connection. 

I have enabled Internet Sharing in sys prefs > Sharing, but it only has Bluetooth PAN and iPhone listed as the items that can be shared.

Also, and again sorry for n00bness, but am I supposed to have both the USB Y and normal usb both plugged into the pineapple?

Ah, so I have managed to get the pineapple back into the devices list (it must have been the USB C adaptor).

So I am now sharing internet, but it won't work, I think it is because I need to follow the forum posts telling me to get it onto: 192.168.2.10

Can you tell me what 

• defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.nat NAT -dict-add SharingNetworkNumberStart 172.16.42.42
  • defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.nat NAT -dict-add SharingNetworkNumberEnd 172.16.42.200
  • defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.nat NAT -dict-add SharingNetworkMask 255.255.255.0

Would become using 192.168.2.10 rather than 172.16.42.42

Would I make it:

• defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.nat NAT -dict-add SharingNetworkNumberStart 192.168.2.42
  • defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.nat NAT -dict-add SharingNetworkNumberEnd 192.168.2.200

Or?

Archived