WiFi Client Mode doesn't work with WEP protocol (Solved)

srborines

In the section Networking of the pineapple application is possible connect the interface wlan1 to a wifi but this method only works with WPA encryption, using WEP protocol simply doesn't connect.

This happens because the api of the module 'networking' (/pineapple/modules/Networking/api/module.php), in the function connectToAP(), is only designed to modify the wireless configuration file (/etc/config/wireless) in the case that the encryption be open or differents types of WPA.

This is not exactly a bug, simply the function wasn't designed to all cases but I think that is really interesting at least have the WEP protocol because is unusual but unfortunately is used and is a weakness that in a pentest can be used to provide internet to our device.

To fix this issue I modified the file '/pineapple/modules/Networking/api/module.php' adding to the switch the case of WEP protocol, because it's neccessary modify the variable of configuration 'encrypt', in this case is ' web', and the key should be the hexdump of the string. The changes done can see it in the next images: pineapplebug1.png 

pineapplebug2.pngs

I hope that this helps you!