Can a device TELL the router what priority it should get?

avrwc

Hi Guys, 

Long time lurker but, finally, I actually have an issue and let's see what you experts have to say about it.

I have a Nighthawk X6 R8000 router and someone else is allowed to use it. Access control is enabled and so are Dynamic QoS and WMM. Normally, the router lets me manually edit a device priority (low, medium, high, highest) and it lets me name devices as they are seen by the Netgear Genie as I please. However, on his new PC, I can no longer set a friendly name for it and, more troubling, I can't set the priority at all. Also, a drop-down list that allowed me to set the 'device type' is no longer working - mostly cosmetic, used to show pretty pictures of phones or computers...

Does  anyone understand what's going on here and what I can do to regain control of my router? It's a little complicated but the router is mine and I am the one who pays the Internet bill and I also happen to work from home most of the time so there are times when I need to lower the priority of other network users because our bandwidth is that too high.

Any help is much appreciated.

Again: Nighthawk X6 R8000 router, Netgear Genie software.

Cheers,netgear3.JPG

-adnetgear3.JPG

Netgear1.JPG

Netgear2.JPG