Question about finding a devices SSID list.

Sorry if this is a noob question. I recently attended a training where to presenter used what I assume was a wifi pineapple to scan for the mobile identifiers of phones in the room. Once identified, he could pull up a list of that devices recently connected SSIDs. I also saw a demo in the TED talk linked below. The section starts at about 12:50 for reference. How was this done? I've been experimenting with the Recon AP & Client, but I'm not finding anything similar to what I saw. Any ideas?

https://www.ted.com/talks/james_lyne_ev … anguage=en

Sorry if this is a noob question. I recently attended a training where to presenter used what I assume was a wifi pineapple to scan for the mobile identifiers of phones in the room. Once identified, he could pull up a list of that devices recently connected SSIDs. I also saw a demo in the TED talk linked below. The section starts at about 12:50 for reference. How was this done? I've been experimenting with the Recon AP & Client, but I'm not finding anything similar to what I saw. Any ideas?[/size]

https://www.ted.com/talks/james_lyne_ev … anguage=en

That's by using PineAP features it will grab every network that a devices is looking for when the device is around, If you setup PineAP and enable the features in the section and let it run in a populated area it will possibly pick up a ton of networks people have connected to on their phones and tablets and laptops.

Edited by ZaraByte