SD Card Issue

BinCT

Hi all,

First off, I'm new to this so I'm not sure if it's best practice to piggy-back off another person's post with a similar (but not quite the same) issue or to start my own thread, so my apologies if I'm causing unnecessary duplication.

I purchased a Mark V a few weeks ago and have started playing around with it a bit (haven't gotten too far yet). Today I picked up a 16GB SanDisk class 10 Micro SD card (per the Hak5 recommendation: https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/31667-answers-to-common-questions/?p=237638), and when I first tried to format it using the Pineapple it didn't work -- it would be stuck in a formatting screen for a long time (I tried a couple times - 20 minutes, 30 minutes) before stopping the attempt. I don't have a Linux box handy, so on my Windows laptop I formatted it as Fat32 instead, and then when I plugged it back into the Pineapple it actually succeeded in formatted as Ext4 in a matter of seconds.

The problem I'm having, however, is that aside from the supposedly successful format process, the Pineapple isn't recognizing the card. If I try to install an infusion to SD, I don't get the option, and if I try to install a very large infusion it simply tells me that I don't have enough internal storage and I should insert an SD card.

I found a former thread from late 2014 which seemed to imply that this was an ongoing issue -- a lot of people are having a hard time getting their Pineapples to notice that the SD card is actually inserted. I am curious as to whether this has been addressed and I'm having a different or new issue, or if this is just par for the course?

I've removed and re-inserted the SD card dozens of times at this point and still no dice. Any suggestions? Do I need to do anything else special (ssh into the Pineapple and mount the drive or something) that I'm just missing entirely, or is the Pineapple just being stupid and I should learn to live with it?

The main reason I'm asking is because I'm doing a security awareness event at work on Thursday, Oct. 1, and thought it might be fun to rickroll a few people once I MitM them as part of a wireless security demo.

Any thoughts, suggestions, advice, etc. is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

- BN