Raspberry PI 2 with Pineapple

From my understanding you could be able to do this. The reason I say this is that the pineapple can even connect to itself wirelessly (although that would create issues since it is both broadcasting and receiving on the same channel).

In theory, what you should be able to do is connect to the wifi pineapple using the third device then, knowing the ip address of the raspberry pi you could perhaps ssh to the pi. In order to do so the ports on both the pi and the pineapple should be open.

Seeing that by default the ssh port (port 22) is open on the wifi pineapple there shouldn't be an issue to connect through. You would just have to make sure the raspberry pi is configured with port 22 open. I would also advise you to set a static IP address for the raspberry pi.

Everyone, please correct me if I am wrong. I'm still new to all this networking mumbo-jumbo.

Yes, I have this setup with a pi, if you use the admin AP it will work just fine. You will want to set a static IP on the pi though.

I want the setup to be done over the cable, I can't seem to ping the pi when it's plugged in

SSH etc is enabled

Edited by DragonHunter

Can you elaborate on how you have connected everything?

It's rather simple really, I have pi plugged in the pineapple and have the pineapple create a hotspot

And with phone or laptop I connect to the hotspot and can nmap etc

But atm I can't seem to find the pi when using nmap or I ping to the wrong ip/subnet

Can you locate the pi through the web interface of the pineapple? Also, from my quick little research; is your pineapple in wired client mode?

https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/34355-pirate-box-with-raspberry-pi-and-wifi-pineapple-mark-5/

Through the web interface... ? I've tried classic and client mode but both didn't really worked, I putted a static ip on the pi 172.16.42.2, couldn't ping it from pineapple over ssh

Edited by DragonHunter

Through the web interface... ? I've tried classic and client mode but both didn't really worked, I putted a static ip on the pi 172.16.42.2, couldn't ping it from pineapple over ssh

So I tried to recreate this with my raspberry pi and I had no issue connecting to it. What are your network settings for the pineapple? Did you also create a static ip for the wifi pineapple?