So my Mark V isn't booting, haven't used it in forever.. But I have 2 that's why.

mrgray

So my Mark V isn't booting, haven't used it in forever i used my older Mark V a while

back but this one which is newer I think it has hardware issues..

Problems:
Boots up the LED's Green, Yellow flashes, Red shows when first plugged in than it goes to LED's Green, Red 1 or 2 seconds later

the LED's Green, Blue flashes than i guess 30s or less it reboots and starts all over again.

-

I hear a buzzing noise near the antenna adapters are, I don't have the antennas plugged in nor usb's but a 12v 1amp.
-
The last time i used it worked but then after a few months i turn it back on and now it does what I said above.

-
I got to the Un-Brick page to upload the factory file and said it did it successfully waited 5 mins flipped the dip switch back to default and powered it off and inserted the SD card and booted it back up and the problem still occurs..
I've researched a lot on here and Google as well haha but non of the methods worked for me.

-
Feeling like a noob today. -_-

Foxtrot, don't make fun of me.. I just got back and i hate having to bug y'all for stuff like this.

If need be I can make a video but i described everything basically it's doing. Which still don't mind making a video.

Also sorry if this needed to be somewhere else, y'all can yell at me lol.

It sounds to me like it could be an SD card issue, try with a different one if you have it, otherwise, it could be some sort of hardware failure. In the latter case, I'd get in touch with Darren or someone else on the Hak5 team about a replacement.

It sounds to me like it could be an SD card issue, try with a different one if you have it, otherwise, it could be some sort of hardware failure. In the latter case, I'd get in touch with Darren or someone else on the Hak5 team about a replacement.

Tried that, it didn't work..

But thank you for your suggestion on the problem.:)

It almost sounds like it's hitting an issue trying to run something right as it finishes booting. If you have a usb TTL device, I'd suggest hooking it up and seeing if it spits anything out.

No i haven't i don't have one, last time i used one i had to use a Arduino uno as one to fix my super old Mark IV

I wonder if there's a short somewhere, because it does let me boot in the Un-Brick mode

Edited by mrgray

No i haven't i don't have one, last time i used one i had to use a Arduino uno as one to fix my super old Mark IV

I wonder if there's a short somewhere, because it does let me boot in the Un-Brick mode

It's possible one of the DIP switches is not in position fully, or it may be broken internally, causing it to try to run a script or command on boot and failing to find the config. Not sure if this would cause a reboot loop as I've never found myself with the same issues you're describing. I'd still drop the Arduino on it as a usb-TTL device, and see if it spits anything out. (It's awesome that you knew that an Arduino could be used for this too.)

It's possible one of the DIP switches is not in position fully, or it may be broken internally, causing it to try to run a script or command on boot and failing to find the config. Not sure if this would cause a reboot loop as I've never found myself with the same issues you're describing. I'd still drop the Arduino on it as a usb-TTL device, and see if it spits anything out. (It's awesome that you knew that an Arduino could be used for this too.)

Yeah possibly but i don't want to take it apart this one isn't my modded one and by taking apart i mean looking at the internal of the dip switch box.

Haha yeah took me a while to figure out on the Arduino but i did it back then i just have to reconfigure it again and look up again how to use it without a full on brick that's non recoverable. But i'm going home and seeing if i can find my older one of the same model, don't really need two at the moment but would be really nice plus it was $100 so yeah haha

Yeah possibly but i don't want to take it apart this one isn't my modded one and by taking apart i mean looking at the internal of the dip switch box.

Haha yeah took me a while to figure out on the Arduino but i did it back then i just have to reconfigure it again and look up again how to use it without a full on brick that's non recoverable. But i'm going home and seeing if i can find my older one of the same model, don't really need two at the moment but would be really nice plus it was $100 so yeah haha

It's really easy to set up the arduino like that, just ground the reset pin, then hook up the Txd, Rxd, and gnd. And yeah, having a $100 brick is disappointing. Hopefully you can work it out!

Fixed!
----

After so so many attempts to fix it I found the stupid problem.
THE POWER!
I thought i was using a 12v wall charger but i guess i picked out two of the same freaking voltage chargers which was 5v for a router, I guess i picked up the wrong one..
So i found a 12v 2amp wall charger and actually was the right amount it booted up! :D
Even though it was all cut up the charger i fixed that and BAM it started working and i started feeling like a 100% Noob again -_-
--------------

Sorry you guys that went through the time to try and solve my problem when i'm just stupid and didn't realize something critical.. Maybe its because i'm dyslectic, yet i can code which i find odd..
'TGYK', Thank you so much for your help and same goes for 'm40295' he was also helping me through messaging.
Hopefully i can help others and start making Infusions and 3D Prints of new cases which looks like an average router to whatever for y'all to download plus room for cooling fans and so forth:)